10. Waltrop Gardens - Central Parade

Victorian Fountain

Facing Telford Terrace is a quaisi Victorian sunken garden, erected to celebrate the twinning of Waltrop and Herne Bay.

The sundial on the seaward side is a gift from Waltrop, designed by the burgermeister Herr Jochen Mungner. In the centre of the garden is a Portland stone fountain given to the town in 1888 by London Alderman Col. Horatio Davies, who became Lord Mayor of London.

(This fountain was originally located near the clock tower).